How does finding and closing 15 deals a month sound? Today’s guest shares exactly how his team does just that!
Returning guest Nathan Brooks goes into detail about how he built a turnkey business that consistently finds and closes deals on a large scale. He also shares great info regarding how he uses the DISC profile to understand himself and his team members, his three-step process for rehabbing homes, and why he always has at least two sets of eyes on every deal.
Plus, he reveals what he wishes he had done differently in the beginning and how to alternate between a “10,000-foot view” of your business and being on the front line. You also won’t want to miss his discussion about mistakes newbies should avoid.
Nathan is a long-time investor with a heart-felt passion for helping others succeed. If you want to grow your real estate business, be sure to check out the incredible advice and encouragement he shares in today’s episode!
Click here to listen on iTunes.
Listen to the Podcast Here
Watch the Podcast Here
Help Us Out!
Help us reach new listeners on iTunes by leaving us a rating and review! It takes just 30 seconds and instructions can be found here. Thanks! We really appreciate it!
This Show Sponsored By
Almost none of us have the time to read everything we’d like to read. Yet we lose countless hours to activities that bring us little joy such as commuting, chores and staring at our phones. What if we could turn these little blocks of unallocated time into precious and rewarding moments for learning and reflection? Founded in 2012 by four friends, Blinkist now connects 6-million readers worldwide to the biggest ideas from bestselling nonfiction via 15-minute audio and text.
Blinkist has a special offer for YOU. It’s a FREE 7 day trial — just go to Blinkist.com/pockets
Deep Dive Sponsor
Check out SimpliSafe Security’s DIY home security systems; an affordable, wireless, cellular, and customizable system that doesn’t require a contract!
If you go to SimpliSafe.com/biggerpockets you’ll get 25% off any new system. That’s an amazing deal.
They rarely do anything like this but they’re doing it just for us!
Fire Round Sponsor
WizeHire is an online recruiting service that fuses recruiting software with the personal service of a hiring coach to help you find the best candidates for the job. They do all the heavy lifting for you so you can stay focused on what’s important.
Visit WizeHire today!
In This Episode We Cover:
- How Nathan uses the DISC profile to understand himself
- What he would have done different if starting his business again
- His three-step process for rehabbing homes
- Why he always uses two sets of eyes on every deal
- How he utilized meetups to grow his business
- How his team is buying 12-15 deals a month
- His rule for replacing anything that doesn’t have a 10-year life span
- Mistakes for newbies to avoid
- How to alternate between a big picture view and daily activities to lead to success
- How he handled his nightmare flip
- And SO much more!
Links from the Show
- BiggerPockets Forums
- BiggerPockets Webinar
- Seth Godin
- BiggerPockets Podcast 313: How to Be Happy AND Grow a Massive Business with Entrepreneur Jesse Itzler (and Josh!)
- Tony Robbin’s DISC Test
- How to Use the DISC Profile To Communicate Effectively in Business
- BiggerPockets Podcast 087: How to Thrive After The Collapse of a Real Estate Empire with Nathan Brooks
- BiggerPockets Podcast 260: The Ultimate Guide to Negotiating (for the Negotiation-Averse) With Former FBI Hostage Negotiator Chris Voss
- BiggerPockets Podcast 232: The Four Lead Sources Nathan Brooks is Using to Flip 120 Houses a Year
- BiggerPockets Podcast 159: How to Build a Real Estate Business That Buys 60 Deals a Year with Nathan Brooks
Books Mentioned in this Show
- Traction by Gino Wickman
- Never Split the Difference by Chris Voss
- On the Shortness of Life by Seneca
- Extreme Ownership by Jocko Willink
- Go Giver by Bob Burg
Fire Round Questions
- Any tips on negotiating with sellers in a competitive market?
- How can I tell if the wholesaler I’m dealing with is legit?
- Just curious if anyone else can share strategies for assessing property management companies?
- “As soon as you can afford it, hire your weaknesses.” (Tweet This!)
- “The direction of your business is your responsibility.” (Tweet This!)
- “If you’re not taking professional pictures of your rental property, stop and start doing that now.” (Tweet This!)
- “Your business is only as good as you are.” (Tweet This!)