Imagine building a business around work you’d do for free. Sound pretty great?
Today’s guest has done just that, and her story may change the way you think about investing. Brittany Arnason is a 26-year-old who’s converted her talent for hands-on work into a cash-flowing, 10-unit rental portfolio.
In this episode, Brittany shares how she learned the business of real estate and construction as a small child, bought her first property for $25,000, and worked on it herself to save money and learn the business.
She goes on to reveal her DIY secrets for adding value at minimal cost, how she applied skills she learned at her 9 to 5 to make her a more successful investor, and how she operates as a woman in a male-dominated industry.
Brittany has an incredible energy, spark, and passion for real estate, and it is infectious. Don’t miss how she uses creative strategies to finance her deals and the BRRRR method to fund unlimited projects.
This is an episode that will leave you pumped up and ready to go get your next (or first) deal. Download it today!
Click here to listen on iTunes.
Listen to the Podcast Here
Watch the Podcast Here
Help Us Out!
Help us reach new listeners on iTunes by leaving us a rating and review! It takes just 30 seconds and instructions can be found here. Thanks! We really appreciate it!
This Show Sponsored By
Stessa makes it easy for both novice and sophisticated investors to drive operational efficiencies, maximize revenue, and improve overall portfolio performance. Just take a few minutes, add your properties, link your accounts, and everything updates in real-time. Stessa brings the institutional tools used by the pros to the everyday investor for free
Get your free tax guide here: www.stessa.com/biggerdeductions
Deep Dive Sponsor
Check out SimpliSafe Security’s DIY home security systems; an affordable, wireless, cellular, and customizable system that doesn’t require a contract!
If you go to SimpliSafe.com/biggerpockets you’ll get 25% off any new system. That’s an amazing deal.
They rarely do anything like this but they’re doing it just for us!
In This Episode We Cover:
- How Britt got her first rental property at the age of 18!
- Quitting her job as a power engineer
- Pros and cons of doing your own work
- The Lifeonaire Strategy
- Things that make a huge impact in a property
- Using personal line of credit to fund deals
- What is a Step Up mortgage
- Doing BRRRR strategy with her boyfriend
- Finding deals through realtors and MLS
- How she learned DIY skills from the internet
- And SO much more!
Links from the Show
- BiggerPockets Forums
- BiggerPockets Webinar
- Brandon’s Instagram
- David’s Instagram
- Chip Gaines
- Joanna Gaines
- BiggerPockets Calculator
- Rehab Estimator Calculator
- BiggerPockets Podcast 254: Tim Ferriss on Real Estate, Becoming a Top Performer and His Tribe of Mentors
- Gary Vaynerchuk on Finding Deals Through Social Media & Crushing It as an Entrepreneur
Books Mentioned in this Show
- The Book on Rental Property Investing by Brandon Turner
- Lifeonaire by Steve Cook
- Unlimited Power by Tony Robbins
- BRRRR Book by David Greene (coming soon!)
- J. Scott’s Book on Estimating Rehab Cost
- Long-Distance Real Estate Investing by David Greene
- 90 Days Journal by Brandon Turner (coming soon!)
- Gary Vaynerchuk’s Crushing It!
- The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck by Mark Manson
- 4-Hour Work Week by Tim Ferriss
Fire Round Questions
- I wonder what your 3 favorite tools are
- How many calls, showings, and applications you see before having a signed lease?
- “New builds can be easier and more straightforward than rehabs!” (Tweet This!)
- “If it keeps you motivated and it keeps it fun for you, it probably will help your business.” (Tweet This!)
- “You have to do whatever it takes to make it work.” (Tweet This!)