Financially independent before 30 years old! Today’s guest Felipe Mejia sits down with Brandon and David and shares the incredible story of how he scaled from a $3,000 mobile home to 10 units and financial independence!
Felipe has created a unique system that involves multi-unit properties, short-term rentals, and leveraging others to help run his business. The result? He is currently crushing it!
You don’t want to miss the insanely powerful “no-why principle” he’s used relentlessly to succeed whenever he’s told no. Felipe also discusses how he leveraged the job of communicating with his Airbnb guests to buy his time back, and how he took advantage of a construction boom in his hometown to service its workers. He also talks about how he lost 30 pounds after realizing he was in the wrong profession, and how he bought a mobile home for $3,000 and then later got paid $30,000 for it!
This episode is jam packed with fun, exciting content and practical advice for those looking to exit the rat race and achieve financial independence through creative strategies with real estate.
Download it today!
Click here to listen on iTunes.
Listen to the Podcast Here
Watch the Podcast Here
Help Us Out!
Help us reach new listeners on iTunes by leaving us a rating and review! It takes just 30 seconds and instructions can be found here. Thanks! We really appreciate it!
This Show Sponsored By
Memphis Investment Properties locates and identifies properties in undervalued, stable neighborhoods. We have developed a system to streamline the investment process, enabling investors to secure the highest quality properties at the lowest price.
Deep Dive Sponsor
Sharestates is America’s private lender. We fund fix-and-flip, ground-up, term, and refinance projects nationwide across all asset classes: residential, multifamily, mixed-use, commercial and land. Sharestates offers high loan-to-value funding at competitive rates and quick closings. Broker and correspondent lending programs are offered as well.
Request a quote today, visit biggerpockets.com/sharestates.
Fire Round Sponsor
WizeHire is an online recruiting service that fuses recruiting software with the personal service of a hiring coach to help you find the best candidates for the job. They do all the heavy lifting for you so you can stay focused on what’s important.
Visit WizeHire today!
In This Episode We Cover:
- How he took his disappointment from missing out on a police career and turned it into RE investing success
- His “no-why principle”
- How he got his wife to buy into his vision
- How he took advantage of a booming construction industry to rent rooms out to builders
- His advice for pushing through being told no
- How he would listen to the BiggerPockets podcast in headphones while working in a construction job
- Real estate replacing his full time job before age 30
- Delegating the work of his various businesses
- How he lives for free in Nashville
- How he leverages out communicating with his Airbnb guests and loves it
- How he got paid $30,000 on a property he paid $3,000 for
- And SO much more!
Links from the Show
- BiggerPockets Forums
- BiggerPockets Webinar
- PNW Real Estate Wealth Expo
- BiggerPockets Podcast 232: The Four Lead Sources Nathan Brooks is Using to Flip 120 Houses a Year
- BiggerPockets Podcast 238: Becoming a Real Estate Millionaire on a Teacher’s Salary with Michael “Swanny” Swan
- BiggerPockets Pro
- BiggerPockets Podcast 322: 3 Things Every Leader MUST Do to Scale with Ben Kinney
- BiggerPockets Bookstore
- BiggerPockets Podcast 170: The Journey From Flipping Houses to Owning 1,470 Units with Andrew Cushman
- How to Find Overlooked Opportunities in a Hot Market with Andrew Cushman
- The Founder | Netflix
- David’s Instagram
- Brandon’s Instagram
Books Mentioned in this Show
- Miracle Morning by Hal Elrod
- Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki
- Richest Man in Babylon by George S Clason
- Lifeonaire by Steve Cook
- Why the Rich Are Getting Richer by Robert Kiyosaki
- “Success is the other side of fear.” (Tweet This!)
- “People stop at no and don’t ask why.” (Tweet This!)
- “Do whatever works for you.” (Tweet This!)
- “My rentals feed my life, my flips feed my rentals.” (Tweet This!)