Real estate investing is no longer just for older generations! Today on the BiggerPockets Podcast, we sit down with Houssein Al-Eidan, an accountant from the St Louis area who has purchased 25 rental units — and he’s just turning 25 years old this month! You’ll hear Houssein’s unique strategy of buying lower-price properties (many from auctions) and using a variety of strategies to increase his returns (including AirBnB and even leaving some properties vacant!). This show is bound to leave you inspired to expand your own real estate portfolio — no matter what age you are.
Click here to listen on iTunes.
Listen to the Podcast Here
Watch the Podcast Here
Help Us Out!
Help us reach new listeners on iTunes by leaving us a rating and review! It takes just 30 seconds and instructions can be found here. Thanks! We really appreciate it!
This Show Sponsored By
We just wanted to give a shout out to our podcast sponsor on today’s show: RealtyShares. RealtyShares is a crowdfunding platform that allows you to invest in professionally managed properties without leaving your living room!
Learn more by visiting RealtyShares.com/biggerpockets!
Fire Round Sponsor
A huge thanks as well to our Fire Round sponsor FreshBooks.
FreshBooks customers spend less time on paperwork, freeing up 2 days per month to focus on the work they love. What would you do with that extra time?
Learn more by visiting FreshBooks.
In This Episode We Cover:
- How Houssein found BiggerPockets
- How he relocated from Kuwait to St. Louis (and why)
- How he discovered real estate through TV shows
- What his first deal was like
- How he dealt with a complicated foreclosed property with an existing tenant
- The total number of deals he’ve done so far in the past year
- How his numbers look for his condo units
- What his game plan is after buying so much property
- How he funds these properties through seller financing
- The importance of understanding the seller’s motivation
- Tips on Airbnb properties
- How be built a team for delegation
- A word of caution in this type of investing
- And SO much more!
Links from the Show
- Scott’s Twitter Account
- BiggerPockets Jobs
- Flip or Flop
- BiggerPockets Podcast on Youtube
Books Mentioned in this Show
- The Book on Investing with Low or No Money Down by Brandon Turner
- The Effortless Empire by Chris Gray
- How to Win Friends & Influence People by Dale Carnegie
- “The first purchase may not be always be the best.” (Tweet This!)
- “Once you understand the seller’s motivation, from there you can customize a plan.” (Tweet This!)
Connect with Houssein