Many people invest in real estate hoping to make “passive income” but instead find they work more than they would at a day job! But not all real estate niches require a lot of time—and today’s show proves that! Today on the BiggerPockets Podcast, we sit down with Dr Kenyon Meadows, a real estate investor who chooses to invest his money using a variety of passive real estate vehicles, including funding other real estate investors, investing out of state through several turnkey companies, and investing in over 30 crowdfunding deals! If you are looking to make your real estate more passive, this is one show you can’t afford to miss!
Click here to listen on iTunes.
Listen to the Podcast Here
Watch the Podcast Here
Help Us Out!
Help us reach new listeners on iTunes by leaving us a rating and review! It takes just 30 seconds and instructions can be found here. Thanks! We really appreciate it!
This Show Sponsored By
We just wanted to give a shout out to our podcast sponsor on today’s show: RealtyShares. RealtyShares is a crowdfunding platform that allows you to invest in professionally managed properties without leaving your living room!
Learn more by visiting RealtyShares.com/biggerpockets!
Fire Round Sponsor
This episode is sponsored by LendingHome, an online peer to peer mortgage lender offering investments to accredited investors only. Your investments are backed by real assets and offer yields averaging 9.9%. All loan terms are of 12 months or less, and are initially funded by LendingHome, ensuring your money earns interest from day one.
In This Episode We Cover:
- Who Kenyon Meadows is
- What you should know about alternative assets
- How he got into real estate
- How he structures his private money lending
- Whether track records matter to him
- How to impress a private money lender
- Tips for building permanent wealth
- How he got into turnkey properties
- Advice on finding the right turnkey property provider
- A look at the numbers for a turnkey property
- How he structures his deals
- How real estate crowdfunding deals work
- Kenyon’s future plans
- What he would tell someone starting out
- A discussion on investments outside real estate
- And SO much more!
Links from the Show
- BiggerPockets Forums
- BP Podcast 048: Duplex Investing, Finding Great Properties, and Tips for Managing Tenants with Darren Sager
- BiggerPockets Invites
- Serial Podcast
- BiggerPockets Analysis
- P2B Investor
- Funding Circle
Books Mentioned in this Show
- Essentialism by Greg McKeown
- Bridge Over Troubled Wall Street by Mr. Stephen E. Gardner
- The Alternative Answer by Bob Rice
- Alternative Financial Medicine by Kenyon Meadows
- “I don’t think you should invest in anything unless you really know the ins and outs of it.” (Tweet This!)
- “Loaning is great, but if you want to build permanent wealth, then you’ve got to own this stuff.” (Tweet This!)
Connect with Kenyon