Since hitting land on September 20, Hurricane Maria has wreaked havoc on Puerto Rico. The Category 5 hurricane directly hit the island in what many call a “catastrophic event” that wiped out infrastructure and that continues to leave most Puerto Ricans without electricity and clean water. Island residents are living with little to no cell service, limited access to medicine, and few unobstructed roads. Locals have described the scene as “apocalyptic.”
At BiggerPockets, we believe in supporting communities in need—and this is undoubtedly a time when our fellow Americans need us most. At almost 900,000 members strong, we at BiggerPockets hold the ability to make a difference in our own small way in the lives of the 3.4 million Puerto Ricans reeling from unprecedented destruction.
The BiggerPockets Hurricane Relief Fund
For those looking for a way to help Puerto Rico rebuild, we have set up the BiggerPockets Hurricane Relief Fund. Our goal is to raise $100,000, and any little bit helps in supporting our Puerto Rican friends as they face the long road to recovery ahead. One hundred percent of funds to go the American Red Cross.
We appreciate your generosity, and our thoughts go out to our many members affected by this devastating storm.
What You Should Know
- To donate now, please visit biggerpockets.com/give.
- Consider sharing this page or our donation page with your friends and family.
- I will be matching the first $10,000 in donations.
- We will feature the logo of any business that donates more than $1,000 in this article and on biggerpockets.com/give.
- Any business with a donation over $3,000 will be mentioned on the BiggerPockets podcast—downloaded hundreds of thousands of times by active real estate investors.
We would like to thank corporate sponsor Memphis Invest for their generous support of this cause!
Any questions about our fund?
Leave your comments below.