Selling a house is a process—and if you’ve never done it before, you’ll have no idea what’s involved. From pre-listing preparation to choosing an agent to problems that may arise with inspection, appraisal and lending, knowing what’s ahead can make your entire process smoother—and more profitable. If you have never sold a house before, you NEED to buy this book!
Do you need to sell your home? Maybe you’ve been investing for a few years and have decided to take advantage of this amazing market, sell some of those underperforming dogs you bought before you discovered the right way to invest, or even move to a different property class altogether.
Perhaps you want to sell your personal residence and use that built-up equity to upgrade to a bigger house, better neighborhood, or even move in the opposite direction and downsize now that the kids are gone.
You may be thinking, “I’ll just put a ‘for sale’ sign in the front yard. Then I’m done, right?” Well, technically, yes. But you may have just cost yourself thousands of dollars by using the wrong (or no) agent, listing at the wrong price, or accepting the wrong offer.
BiggerPockets Community Manager Mindy Jensen, a licensed real estate agent and investor with almost 20 years of experience, takes the guesswork out of your home sale. She’s been through it—both as an agent representing the seller AND as the seller herself.
How to Sell Your Home, The Essential Guide to a Fast, Stress-Free, and Profitable Sale is filled with practical tips and tricks from her real-life experiences, both as an agent and as a seller. Mindy shares:
- How to choose an agent: 9 questions to ask to make sure you’re using the agent who is right for you
- How to get your home ready to list and show—even if you have a tight budget
- The right (and wrong) way to market your house
- The differences between using an agent and trying to sell it yourself
- What to do during a showing
- How to handle inspection and appraisal
- The different types of loans commonly used—and why one loan may be better for your situation than another
- The common scam you should be watching for
- What to do if your home doesn’t sell
- And so much more!
One Wrong Step Can Cost You BIG
Selling a house isn’t hard, but it IS a process. One mistake can cost you money, make your life absolutely miserable, and even jeopardize the entire sale of your home.
Do you know how much your home is worth? Do you know what other homes are selling for in your area? How much preparation can you afford to do to get your home ready to sell? How much should you do?
What if you hit a roadblock and your house does not sell? Do you have a plan B?
This book also explains many terms common to the selling process but probably unfamiliar to you. She’ll teach you about common contingencies in real estate contracts and share when it’s a good idea to accept those contingencies and when it’s OK to just say no.
Pick up Mindy’s book to learn what title insurance is, why you need it, and how to choose the right insurer. Mindy also reviews the different types of deed available and explains the best way to fill out the disclosure statement so that your interests are protected, both now and in the future!
She’ll also clarify what to expect at the closing table and whether you even need to attend closing!
But wait, there’s more!
Exclusive Special During the Launch
How to Sell Your Home is available at BiggerPockets.com/store TODAY! If you buy before January 25, 2018, you will get access to a special webinar class held by Mindy Jensen and David Meyer! Learn all the best tips, tricks, and tactics to sell your next investment property or home for top dollar. In addition to the webinar, you will also get:
- Bonus Ebook: Selling Your Investment Property. Do you own a lot of rental properties but aren’t sure how to handle selling them? Get all of your questions answered and learn some insider tips on selling for top dollar from Mindy!
- Bonus Video: The Absolute #1 Top Tip for Selling Your Home. Common sense isn’t so common, and this tip will make your home stand out from the rest.
- Video Interviews with Industry Experts: Mindy asks industry experts, including a home inspector and real estate investors/agents with tons of experience selling homes, the questions you need to know!
- Real Estate Agent Questionnaire: Mindy shares top questions for interviewing real estate agents in her book. This questionnaire will make sure you don’t forget one—and will give you a format to easily compare each agent when you’ve finished your interviews.
Are you selling your property? Then you NEED this book. Click here to learn how to sell your home.
Any questions about the book? Will you be adding this to your reading list?