Skip to content
BiggerPockets Summer Reading List

User Stats

Votes
Libya Binford
  • New to Real Estate
  • Cincinnati, OH
Votes |
Grant Cardone They Greatest Hype Man of Success!

Libya Binford
  • New to Real Estate
  • Cincinnati, OH
Posted May 2 2021, 13:17

Who does this guy think he is? He comes across as an arrogant, egotistical butthole! I’m only halfway into the first chapter, and I’m already ready to shut down my audible book app. I can’t believe I used my last Audible Credit to purchase the 10x Rule. I am committed now, so I continue to listen to this guy, who reminds me of an Army drill sergeant, yelling at me through the speakers of my little Scion XB. Poor me! I’m starting to feel like a sucker as he makes all these guarantees about how the 10x Rule will change my life and help me achieve my goals. I’m weary of his guarantee because, at the moment, he’s coming across as a typical hype man trying to make a buck and sell me a dream.

I’m nobody’s sucker! I can’t believe Brandon Turner (BT) recommended this book. I begin to wonder, “How in the world did BT get suckered into this bull-crap.

Then reality hits, and when it hits, boy does it hit hard. BT recommended this book and specifically expressed how this book has contributed to even greater success in his life. Here is a man known in the Bigger Pockets community, a man who works from his million-dollar home in Hawaii, a place I often dream of visiting, recommending to his audience that this book is a must-read. Yet here I am, turning my nose up as I ride around in my ugly 2012 Scion XB, with a crack running from left to right on my windshield. Yup, as I said, when reality hits, it hits hard. Analyzing my current situation was enough to put me in my place. So, I began to listen even when I’m urged to turn down the radio because apparently, Grant Cardone has no inside voice, but I can’t. The more I hear, the more I get sucked in, and the more I am convinced that my life is about to change. Now, I’m riding around with the volume jacked up. Just me and Mr. Cardone; him using his outside voice and me listening to each word.

Grant Cardone is a confidence-building genius! When you think about the concepts behind the 10x Rule, it’s a bit daunting. Here I am trying to explore real estate simply because I want to be able to pay for my kids’ private school education, and he’s saying that’s too small! I’m scared as I continue to listen to him challenge me. Inside I tell him no. I will stick to my goal of having a passive income of $45k so each kid can have the education that I desire for them. I think to myself, “I can apply his concepts to my value size goals and still be okay right? I don’t have to supersize my goals by a factor of 10, do I? I start to feel less scared as I decide to stick to my original plan and proceed to listen to chapter 3.

Don’t be a little *****! Don’t move your target; increase your actions. Maximize your efforts and do more floods through my speakers like a tsunami. I take it all in and find myself consumed by it all. I needed this. In the same way, you need that first breathe of air after you realize you’ve been underwater too long. I’m convicted again, but this time I am thankful and feel energized as he works through why you should 10x your goals and how to do so.

Long story short. Read the book, The 10x Rule! It will no doubt change your thoughts, goals, and life.

Loading replies...