Skip to content
Coronavirus Government Assistance Programs

User Stats

Votes
Anna Sagatelova
  • Property Manager
  • Cleveland, OH
Votes |
Emergency Funds/Assistance for Ohio Tenants?

Anna Sagatelova
  • Property Manager
  • Cleveland, OH
Posted Mar 17 2020, 13:12

Hi all, Cleveland-area PM here. Hoping our community can come together in this time.

I foresee a lot of tenants will be financially impacted by the closures necessitated by COVID-19; many are hourly employees who are out of work for the foreseeable future.

I think it's wise to get ahead of the problem many will face paying rent in the coming month or two (we all know how hard it is for tenants to catch up once they fall behind) and encourage them to reach out to appropriate organizations for assistance. The problem is, I am not aware of a lot of programs available to them.

Can we start a running list of local/state-wide assistance and resources available to tenants? I am thinking organizations that will help them pay rent, utilities, etc.

One that I am aware of is Catholic Charities: https://ccdocle.org/program/emergency-assistance-services

Please add to this thread as you see fit; we can all benefit from this information being shared with our tenants to reduce the impact on our clients.

If there is already a thread about this in another forum (current events, landlord forum, etc) that I didn't notice, please let me know/link it here.

Thank you!

Loading replies...