Skip to content
First-Time Home Buyer

User Stats

Votes

Is there a limit to number of DPA programs I can use on a house?

Posted Jun 9 2022, 12:33

I am planning on buying my first house hack next year and currently exploring ways on how to finance my first down payment. Tennessee has the THDA Great Choice Plus Loan Program that allows $6K in a deferred forgivable loan in the form of a 30 year second mortgage, or a 6% down payment as a second 15 year mortgage amortized loan with the same interest as the first mortgage loan. Bank of America also has its Home Grants Programs: "Our America’s Home Grant® program offers a lender credit of up to $7,500 that can be used towards non-recurring closing costs, like title insurance and recording fees, or to permanently buy down the interest rate," and "Our Down Payment Grant program offers a grant of up to 3% of the home purchase price, up to $10,000, to be used for a down payment in select markets. Grant Program is available with one mortgage product. " where both do not require repayment. I cannot find too much in eligibility and requirements other than in their "Important Disclosures and Information" section at the bottom of the page, but if I am eligible, can I use both the THDA DPA loan and the BofA Home Grants?

Loading replies...