• Tampa, FL
Votes |
House-Hack / Rent by the Room in Tampa, FL

Tyler Garcia
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Tampa, FL
Posted Jul 16 2022, 05:39

Hey all, I'm looking to see if anyone is currently doing a rent-by-the-room house hack or even just a normal house-hack investment in Tampa, FL. I'm from California and bought my first buy and hold house-hack in Denver early 2021 and now looking to go to a bit of a lower-priced market such as Tampa as I have family in the area as well so even more reason to invest in the area. I would love to connect with other fellow house-hackers & investor-friendly realtors in the Tampa area and hear about how the different areas, how much you're getting for individual bedroom rents, how the short term rental market is, etc. Also looking to see if there are property types in the Tampa area that favor being split up into multiple different "units" with the potential of using 1 section specifically for short term rentals and the other side for traditional bedroom renters (similar to splitting a 2-story property and creating a private entrance for the top unit and adding a kitchen space). This strategy works amazing in Denver because of the flexible property types they have out there, but not sure if that style of properties are out in the Tampa area. Can't wait to connect! - Tyler

Loading replies...