• New to Real Estate
  • Omaha, NE
Votes |
Niche specific housing!!

Rafael Perez
  • New to Real Estate
  • Omaha, NE
Posted Aug 10 2022, 13:27

I'm under contract on my first single family primary residence that I will be renting by the room! The market is at around $550/room per month for the area, but was thinking of charging a premium closer to $700/room. I want to advertise this house specifically to young aspiring entrepreneurs, aspiring investors, business students, start up founders, etc. This house will be a cowork space where we will be working together, sharing ideas, setting goals, holding eachother accountable, and occasionally have successful guests from our area come over.

I believe providing a place to live while also building a community of people who are passionate about the same things they are will be worth paying a bit over market value. With that being said, I have to keep in check that this won't just be a party house, but also have structured practices in place like work time, accountability meetings, etc.

What do you guys think of this? Is it justifiable? Also, any ideas on things I can do/provide to charge more rent?

I am currently a student in college so I have opportunities to advertise this idea. The house is a 3bed/2bath with an unfinished basement.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

Loading replies...