• Investor
  • Monterey, CA
Votes |
Adult Children Tenants

Gayle Eisner
  • Investor
  • Monterey, CA
Posted Jan 24 2021, 06:06

Hello. I am asking for some suggestions and if anyone has had experience with trying to get their kids out of their rental property? My daughter was going to college and we agreed on she could stay there for two years until she graduated. Now her boyfriend and two other roommates have moved in. I am getting sub rent and I'm wondering how to go about getting them out in the most diplomatic, but effective way. I put her in charge of acquiring Tenants and taking care of the property for me and give her a discount on her rent for this. But, it is not working out that way. She has split her "discount" between the tenants and, just recently she had her boyfriend move in with numerous vehicles, a great dane, etc. I am also concerned about the economy and if I have them leave I will have a difficult time renting it out again. The property is a 3/2 SFR a couple blocks from the beach in Monterey, ca. I'm losing a lot of sleep about this I need to get them out. Like I said, they have extra cars, don't keep the place up very well, and basically are taking advantage of me. Further, the month to month agreements to all tenants were issued by her, not me. I have certainly gotten myself into a bind but will NEVER do this again! Thank you kindly!

Loading replies...