Skip to content
Managing Your Property

User Stats

Votes
Mark Miller
Votes |
What tenant/other information do I require after PMA termination?

Mark Miller
Posted Jun 13 2022, 08:04

Hello all,

This is a follow up post to my previous post regarding the documents/items that I need to get from the PMC to self-manage the property (a SFH where a family currently resides there and will continue to do so for another year) after termination of the PMA. I wanted to rephrase the post and provide more details to better explain my situation.

For reference, the house is located in Tarrant County in Texas.

After terminating the contract, the PMC said they cannot provide us with the tenant application even after the termination.
1) Would I as an owner need the information from the tenant application for any reason? 
2) If a need to evict arose in the future, would I be able to file an eviction with just their name?
3) What does the following statement mean? - "Manager retains the rights following termination to all owner and tenant collection accounts."

4)
Below is a general list I copied from the internet. Are there any items on this list that are optional?
5) Any other items I would need?

List of required items:

• Tenant contact information - 6) Do I need each occupant's contact information or does the primary applicant's phone number and email address suffice?
  • Proof of tenant’s renters’ insurance coverage
  • (PMC said they cannot provide the tenant application as mentioned above) Copies of the tenant’s application, lease, all signed addendums, and any renewals.
  • Property inspection reports along with corresponding photos
  • Maintenance records for the last 6 to 12 months
  • Tenant financial ledgers and financial reports
  • Owner financial ledgers and financial reports
  • HOA forms and agreements
  • Copies of all property keys or door codes

Thanks in advance!

Loading replies...