Skip to content
Managing Your Property

User Stats

Votes
John Postma
  • Littleton, CO
Votes |
Switching property manager. Which are the best in Denver area?

John Postma
  • Littleton, CO
Posted Jun 17 2022, 10:22

So, I ran into a property manager disaster story recently, and I'm looking for a good replacement.  Browsing recent posts I really don't see anything more recent than 2018.  Anyone have recommendations?  Specifically for the Highlands Ranch and Morrison areas?

Here's the long-ish version of the story.  I started out with Legacy Property Management in 2018 and they were great!  Very responsive and fairly reasonable leasing and monthly management rates.  Then, in December of 2021 the business was purchased by Evernest.  It wasn't so bad to start, but it's culminated in a disastrous tenant turnover this month with my property in Morrison.  None of the repairs or cleaning were done.  Only the sanding and refinishing the wood floor was completed, but without the cleanup, so when the new tenants moved in no repairs had been made and there was sawdust over everything in the whole house.  During the leadup to the tenants moving in I was sending email after email and making call after call trying to get ahold of the manager without response.  Only a day AFTER the tenants started moving in did the manager get back to me.  He was not very apologetic and said he'd try to schedule his handyman to complete the work, but I'd had it by then and told him I'd take over from there.

I'm concerned because my tenants in Highlands Ranch are set to move out at the end of this month and I need to find someone to take over where Evernest dropped the ball.

Loading replies...