Real Estate News & Current Events

User Stats

Votes
Adam Johnson
Votes |
MY HIGHER BID DIDNT WIN INVESTMENT PROPERTY

Adam Johnson
Posted May 19 2022, 17:01

Hello any feedback will be greatly appreciated in this matter, an investment property was listed in a decent neighborhood around me a couple of weeks ago  and from my calculations it was going to be well worth it to pay more than their asking price of $40000 because a similar number of bedrooms/baths just across the street had gone into pending at $289000. so i offered $45000 with an escalation up till $70000  and all bids had to be submitted by 6pm ,next day home went into pending and my agent told me they picked a higher offer i was disappointed because i really believed i had a god shot at the house, so i proceeded to ask my agent how much the  offer that beat mine was and she said she wont know till closing, a few days ago i decided to look again only to see the home had sold for 61000, a good 9000 less than my high offer, was buying as is no contingencies and paying cash with proof of funds . I think something fishy went on  but cant prove it ,did my agent not submit my offer?  or was there some internal collusion to steal it from me? Any info will be greatly appreciated thanks  

Loading replies...