Skip to content
Real Estate News & Current Events

User Stats

Votes
Ty Whitman
  • Jacksonville, FL
Votes |
Are hedge funds still major competition?

Ty Whitman
  • Jacksonville, FL
Posted Nov 18 2020, 09:37

If this comes off as an odd post, I apologize, but it's something I am really curious about .... When I was investing in Jacksonville, Florida about 7 years ago, my main competition seemed to be hedge funds in the area. I'm actually in a weird place right now where I'm afraid to hold cash due to all the FEDS money printing and inflation, but I'm also afraid to invest in the stock market because I think it's in a huge bubble, and I'm afraid to invest in real estate because I think we are at a peak, and there still seems to be a buying frenzy going on.  In these strange times, I'm wondering where the uber wealthy are putting their money.  So I'm curious, for those of you out there actively making offers right now, are you finding hedge funds as a major source of competition in your market, or do you know if they are actively investing much at all?  I can't seem to find reliable info myself online, so I figured I would ask some of those with "boots on the ground".  I would appreciate any comments.

Loading replies...