• New to Real Estate
  • Twentynine Palms, CA
Votes |
Seeking Advice: Investing in Twentynine Palms, CA as Military

Kevin Ferguson
  • New to Real Estate
  • Twentynine Palms, CA
Posted Dec 22 2020, 14:59

I'm new to real estate and have decided to dive in now that I've finished college and have a steady income (and low enough expenses) to support it.

The area seems very small, so I hope there are individuals who are familiar with Twentynine Palms and its surrounding areas (Joshua Tree, Yucca Valley, etc.) who wouldn't mind sharing their thoughts on the following.

From my understanding, the first step for finding a rental property is to get in contact with a quality agent, then analyze the properties that fit your search criteria (Please tell me if I'm missing some important step, like getting preapproved for a loan or something).

Questions:

• For those with experience in the area, how have you faired with your investments? Would you recommend the area to a new investor?
  • Are there any specific agents that you'd recommend going through?
  • Any agencies you recommend avoiding completely (I've read some mixed reviews online about some local agencies)?
  • Any other advice about investing in the desert in general? Any uncommon things to look for in properties specific to the desert?

My knowledge on real estate is limited given that I'm a newbie, but I figure its always better to jump in head first and correct mistakes along the way rather than wait until I think I'm completely ready.

I'm very eager to begin investing, but am unfamiliar with this market. At the surface level, it looks like it would be a good place to invest, given the nearby location of the military base.

Thanks in advance!

Loading replies...