Real Estate News & Current Events

User Stats

Votes
Katrina Razavi
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • San Francisco, CA
Votes |
NFT and Real Estate-- what are the uses and will ppl use it?!

Katrina Razavi
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • San Francisco, CA
Posted Apr 14 2021, 21:15

I've been reading about NFT technology, it's so fascinating and there can be so many use cases in RE. I'd love to hear what others think and/or if others are building anything in this space. If you're not familiar with NFT's, there's a great list of articles here.

Some potential use cases:

- Title- one of the main value props of NFT is that it establishes provenance, given this is one of the most important (and expensive) pieces of real estate transaction, I think there can be a huge innovation in how titles are established, recorded, etc. in the future

- Fundraising- With Smart Contracts you can partition out equity in a property, making it easier to crowdfund and raise capital

- Royalties- the other value prop of NFT's is that it allows for second market royalties and such, this could be a new model of RE agent commissions? A new way for developers to monetize?

These are just a few ideas and would love to hear what you think in terms of the above use cases or other innovative ways NFT can transform the RE industry!

Loading replies...