M.L.S KEY CODE ACCESS WITHOUT A REALTOR BEING PRESENT!

10 Replies

HOW DO I KEEP SALES AGENTS FROM CALLING MY  MOTHER-N-LAW, AND SOLICITING  HER LIKE A PACK OF WOLVES? DO I FILE A COMPLAINT WITH THE DRE OR BBB? WOULD LIKE FOR MY MOTHER'S RETIREMENT TO BE EASY NO HASSLE REALTOR OR SALES AGENT FREE.. We have $45 thousand for closing cost and 10% of $700,000 = $70,000 down payment.. 

PS. PLEASE NO SALES AGENT NEEDED TO SHOW PROPERTY

AND WE ARE WILLING  TO PAY A TOTAL OF 3 POINT'S SELLER & BUYER AGENT FEE'S.. (5BED RMS 3 BATH, 2 TO 3 CAR GARAGE ) WITH POOL OR JACUZZI.. FOR HER THERAPY..  

INCLUDING CLOSING COST, RESPA, IMPOUND'S AND TAXES.

Huh?  Are you trying to get access to listed properties without an agent?  If so, forget it, as rules, as well as common sense, prohibit agents from just letting general public access people's  homes by themselves.  If the properties are listed, the commission is determined by the seller, not the buyer.  You'd be better working With an agent, Not against them if you're looking to buy.

Are you trying to FSBO this house and are irritated with getting calls from agents wanting to list it? FSBOs are a big target for agents looking for listings. Not sure even the do not call list works in this situation since she's advertising the property.

If you want it on the MLS without doing a full listing, find a flat fee listing agent. That should eliminate the calls, too.

Also, posting in all caps is shouting and is considered rude.

No it sounds like he want's to buy a house for his mother in-law and get the MLS key to see properties without any agents present. Huge security risk and not going to happen.

Your best bet is to contact a single agent who understands your needs and will take a laid-back approach to let you decide on what you like without the sales pitch.  But from my experience most buyers agents don't even give a sales pitch and you have probably been contacting the listing agent for showings who does not have your interest.

I'd recommend a buyer agent or only calling on homes not listed with another Realtor.

Sounded like an ad to me.

How are you not listing or not working with a Realtor, but willing to pay a commission?

First post, slack cut, appropriately.

BTW, listed properties sell for more than FSBOs, Realtors generally earn more for you than you pay them. Get help! Good luck with trying to be mom's Realtor, attorney, financial advisor and who knows what else. Screamed penny wise and pound foolish. :) 

When a brokerage lists a property for sell the listing agreement spells out a co-op offered to the buyers broker ( if any ).

There is not set commission rates but in many areas it could be 6% total with 3% to listing side and 3% to buyers broker side.

Why would you need 45,000 in closing costs for a 700,000 purchase?? That just doesn't make sense at that purchase level for almost 6.5% in closing costs.

A listing broker isn't going to let a buyer tour a property without being there. At least they shouldn't be if they give access codes away they can lose their license for that.  

Are you trying to buy or sell Frederik?? It's not completely clear from your post. 

@FREDRIK NA If you don't want a bunch of agents hounding you, stop calling the listing agents(they're not going to cut the commission in half anyway since they have to do "work" for you, and have liability as your agent).  Listings are valuable to agents because they generate buyers, whom they want to find them something else to buy, if they don't buy their listing.  Find one buyers agent you're comfortable with, then you only deal with that one agent.

Sir, be nice to Realtors they are our best friends. Sometimes we have to get the logistics down better. 

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.