• Westmont, IL
Votes |
Short Sale Seller didn't come to the closing - Illinois

Rahul D.
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Westmont, IL
Posted Jul 1 2017, 15:41

Hello Everyone,

I had an approved short-sale and the closing was last Thursday (6/29). Apparently, the seller did not show up at the closing title company and stopped answering his Attorney and his Realtor's calls that day. Seller's Attorney eventually got back to us and said that the seller is saying that he has changed his mind about the sale. What is really surprising me is that I met the seller about 3 weeks back, when I had to go to his house to get an Addendum signed by him, approving the sale at the appraised value instead of the actual purchase price; at that time he had not shown any signs of not moving forward with the sale, and had signed the new purchase price Addendum without any issues. 

Subject property is located in DuPage County, Illinois, and I'm still very interested in acquiring it. I've talked to my Attorney about this, but he doesn't seem very helpful because it's not his expertise and he cannot take this case any further. Having said that, I'm seeking advise from someone here who's either a Short sale Attorney or has experienced dealing with similar situation. Thanks in advance for your advise and cooperation. 

Best,

Rahul.

Loading replies...