• Real Estate Investor
  • Murrieta, CA
Votes |
Marketing to Agents

Brett Sodders
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Murrieta, CA
Posted Jun 30 2010, 10:21

So I've previously mailed hundreds of postcards to homeowners in pre-foreclosure status with absolutely no success. Homeowners seem to be really apprehensive about responding to such inquiries because of negative news regarding short sales/investors/modifications, etc. At least that's my belief... That and they probably get a LOT of mail concerning their situation and instead of confronting it they just let it compound. Regardless, I am considering marketing to real estate agents in the area. I tried to keep it short, sweet, and straight to the point. Here is my verbiage:

"You have received this postcard because I have an interest in the short sale properties you currently have listed. I am a real estate investor and I buy in Riverside County. Listing agents who understand the home buying game understand the importance of having a relationship with a full time residential cash buyer. Presenting ALL listings to a cash buyer is a wonderful way for you to make up to 9% commissions. You not only receive the listing commission and full selling commission (when the property is your listing), but also a second listing commission when we relist the property with you. I fully disclose my intentions to turn a profit to all necessary parties in order to avoid any potential legal issues in the process. So, if making more money with half the work interests you:
CONTACT US TODAY!"

Wuddaya think? Also, to those experienced in contacting agents... What do you do? Do you call or send some kind of marketing material via mail or email? I am also considering putting something similar together to send to probate attorneys....

Loading replies...