• Union, NJ
Votes |
Opinions needed

Keisha Barnes
  • Homeowner
  • Union, NJ
Posted Aug 8 2010, 06:08

Hi everyone,

We're newbies but have been following BP for a few months. We had our 1st appt today & just thought we'd ask for some opinions. Not sure which forum to post this on so I'm trying this.... It didnt go well. I scheduled an appt for David today. H/O is in foreclosure. This guy is incredible. Sheriff sale was 8/18 but he got another 2 weeks. It was his 2nd home he bought in 2005. Wife and children lives in this house. You guessed it: got caught in ARM wave & mortgage skyrocketed in 2008. Lispenden filed in 2008. He knows he's upside down. Tried to show how lucky he was considering this is 2010! Told him we needed to get the sheriff sale stopped 1st and then work on a short sale. He knows. All phone calls were good & actually sounded productive. At the meeting, he then springs upon David that he wants $20k to move with but will go down to $15k. Thinks he lost everything & doesnt care about anything but money now. The guy had 3 liquor stores and a couple of homes which he says he lost. We even suggested about credit restoration & offered to include it. He wasnt biting. We advised him that under HAFA he maybe able to get up to $1500 to move with but again, he said that wasnt enough. He said a realtor offered to buy the house BACK IN 2008. He knows he missed that boat & apparently is fond of missing boats....Anyway, our thinking is we walk away from this. Are we missing anything? 1st, there's not possible way for us to pay him ANYTHING but most, I dont think this is legal.

Well anyway, we feel like we accomplished something because we got the FIRST out of the way. Both of us gained some confidence and learned more.

Thanks for any feedback.

Take care,
Keisha

Loading replies...