1031 Exchanges

User Stats

Votes
AS Chow
Votes |
Know A Good DST Company ?

AS Chow
Posted Jan 24 2019, 02:22

So I've gone through the entire 1031 Exchange Forum and there are very few posts on DST Companies. I am a complete novice at the entire Real Estate game. (I inherited partial ownership in several buildings more than 20 years ago.)

I'm not even sure who the big DST companies are...

I'd like to hear if anyone has invested in one, and would they recommend it ?  What have been your actual returns ?

I worry about fee's and don't really see it mentioned very often. 

I have large Capital Gains coming (1-2m) and would like to at least defer them so I can spread them out over a number of years.  I live in California and the state tax is high.

(I don't have any children to pass it down to, and I can't take it with me, so I'm not concerned about defering it forever.)

Also I have ZERO desire to become a Landlord of any kind. I'd just pay the Cap Gains if being a Landlord was the only option. DST companies might not give the best return but I'll be ok with smaller returns.

Oh and if anyone knows when it says 7-10 years holding period ... what does that mean exactly ? I'd prefer knowing the year, so I could choose different lengths.  

Thanks ! 

Loading replies...