Votes
Jim Witten
  • Walnut Creek, CA
Votes |
Some 1031 Specifics?

Jim Witten
  • Walnut Creek, CA
Posted Feb 5 2017, 14:40

Hate to ask same old questions others ask. However, I've read multiple articles on 1031 basics through Googling, but have failed to find answer to some specifics. I'm in CA by the way. I don't expect answers to all, but if you want to help with just ONE question, that helps!

-The form used for identifying the 3 properties within 45 days, it's not an official government form like a W9, it's just a template style that varies? Like this one? http://www.exeter1031.com/

-Is an actual purchase agreement needed also? Or could an assignment of contract/Purchase agreement replace the identification form instead? I could use it in lieu as proof that I identified something?

-Does the seller of each of the 3 properties have to sign the form stating they are in talks with me to sell to me?

-The 3 properties I pick, can I change them after the 45 days as long as I close on something within the 180 days, or do I you have to stick with the 3 once the 45 days is up?

-The intermediary, they are certified "intermediaries" you hire, and they charge a fee? Or hourly rate? Could I just go to the seller or sellers agent directly instead?

Loading replies...