I've got a recorded title, but got a letter the other day telling me to move, from a rep. for the new owner???

3 Replies

Can a person (seller)just change their mind midstream and sell to someone else without saying anything?, even though we're in escrow , and she sent me the grant deed and I recorded it?  Is there something that I am missing? HELP!!!

If the seller has signed a valid to to you and you have recorded it the seller can't change their mind. The seller no longer owns it and therefore cannot sell to someone else. 

However I suspect something else is going on here. Why do you say "midstream" and why do you say "we're in escrow" if the deed has been signed and recorded already.

Elizabeth - It Sounds like you're a little light on the facts and details. 

This IS a foreclosure forum. Was this property in foreclosure when the deed to you was recorded?  Did you happen to ask the "rep." why s/he believes they are the new owner? Perhaps a trustee's deed upon sale was recorded that evidences that the new owner bought the property at a foreclosure auction?

Or perhaps your seller had already lost ownership when they attempted to sell the property to you. Maybe even the lender ended up taking the property back via foreclosure. Hard to say with your sketchy details. 

Ask better questions in order to get better answers.

Yes, please give the details/events.  "Being in escrow" and "already recorded the deed" contradict each other.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.