Letter Template That Works

5 Replies

I am planning to go after Pre Foreclosures this month. I understand this is a sensitive area and would appreciate an effective letter template and a door knocking script. I am going to use both methods. Any feedback or pointers would also be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

I am looking at doing the same thing. I thought about just googling for one. One forclosure I'm looking at is a need to track the owner down type thing.

Skip trace, if they are absentee owners you will likely get the deal if they are in pre foreclosure. 

Originally posted by @Jessica Martin :

Skip trace, if they are absentee owners you will likely get the deal if they are in pre foreclosure. 

I see that a lot but I'm not sure what that is.

Hey Jessica,

I am currently doing the same thing. 

In terms of door knocking....

What has been working for me is not trying to close the deal at the first knock, but instead just try to build rapport and let them know that you are willing to help. Let them know if they ever want to discuss their options you are available for free anytime.

I spoke with a homeowner about a mango tree in her front yard for about 15 minutes last week, the foreclosure didn't even come up. So I definitely plan to go back this next weekend or so.

Also check public records regularly to see if your prospects have been dealt an auction date. This gives you a reason to go knock and say that you just wanted to inform them.

I realize that you need to have about 3 or 4 encounters with the homeowner before they even start coming around, so persistence is key with these types of deals. 

So I wouldn't recommend boxing yourself into a script, just try to be natural and understanding of the situation and know the points you want to hit. You also never know who will answer the door.

Cheers

Khaliq

@Jessica Martin & @Joshus Light  I've found this sample letter online. I haven't used it yet but I'm targetting pre-foreclosures in my area here as well and I wanted at the very least... SOMETHING... to work off of. There are two versions of a pre-foreclosure letter in the link below...

https://www.foreclosure.com/edocs.html

Hope this helps.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you