Got the money, but cant find the deal.

10 Replies

Got $26,000 in the bank.  Got preapproved for a $120,000 loan. Looking for the right house.

I have an agent sending me the local listings every day.
I have told family and friends to keep an eye out.
Checking Craigslist.
Checking the local newspaper.

Do I need to call people putting out bandit signs hoping they have leads?
Is there a way to get a foreclosed list?

Any other ideas? 

Check out your local REIA, call every bandit sign, check the MLS daily, BP marketplace, call "for rent" signs, call FSBO's and do a lot of networking. Have your criteria figured out and eventually you will find one through these sources. Just don't try to force the deal just to buy something.

Best of luck!

@Brandon Holtzinger  First, don't get discouraged. I'm flipping my first property now and it took me 7 months to find. The first one is very critical and you must be very certain that it meets your criteria before you jump in. Never do something, just to do it. Always be deliberate in your actions. I'm sure the last thing you want is to get something under contract and have an even better deal pop up a couple of weeks later.

Im not in a hurry. I know the right deal will show up. Im going to start writing down all the phone numbers on bandit signs and for rent signs and calling them Monday.

Hi Bradon! I am a local wholesale professional in the DFW area. The bandit signs you will be calling will get you in touch with someone like me. We solve problems for distressed owners or owners who have distressed properties, and then we hook them up with buyers like you. If you know what your criteria is, pm me and I will gladly go on the hunt for you! This is a great place to be to find all sorts of REI professionals and I truly hope you find your first deal!!! I am constantly looking for great deals and I am always wanting to expand my buyers list so feel free to pm me or email me anytime! I am looking forward to hearing from you. Happy Investing Brandon.

be patient take your time.  contacting wholesalers like Ashley are a good option as they are on the front lines finding deals and if you can communicate clearly your criteria and the fact you are ready to go with funds they will call you first. 

Thanks Sky! I agree :) We put in the grunt work of finding the deals and we extend it to our buyers. Its a win-win.

@Brandon Holtzinger We are Ray and Kim what kind of investments are you looking for Buy and Hold, Flip, We are always looking for partners. Drop us a PM if your ever interested in a partnership.

i am looking for a 3/2 between 1000-1500 sqf to buy for a buy and hold. looking for good neighborhoods.

@Brandon Holtzinger  I'm a Dallas wholesaler. Send me a PM with your contact details, and especially specific towns/subdivisions/zip codes that you're interested in. When I do a buyer keyword search for a location in my CRM you want to make sure your name comes up. 

972-861-2334

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.