Door Knocking for Short Sale deals

2 Replies

Hey,

So I have been working a list of about 50 pre foreclosure leads in my area (home owners who have been served Lis Pendens) to see if I can get some short sale deals...

For the most part, most of the home owners tend to be very defensive (border line angry) and really don't even want to hear what I have to say.

Even though I know these people really need help, they refuse to face the reality.

I have also spoken with home owners who have been pleasant but insist they are not in foreclosure or are working with a lawyer...

I am looking for some advice on techniques for pre foreclosure door knocking and follow up. How do I get these home owners to trust me to help them?

Thanks

Khaliq

@Khaliq King :

For the most part, most of the home owners tend to be very defensive (border line angry) and really don't even want to hear what I have to say.

Salesmanship has a lot to do with listening. 

If I was about to lose my home and you came knocking to talk TO me about it, I would tell you to hit the bricks. 

But if you came knocking and asked how you can help, I'd probably give you a few minutes, and if you're good, all you need is a few minutes to close a deal.

Thanks Blair! I appreciate it.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.