Pre-foreclosure Document : HELP !

2 Replies

Greetings To All !

I will be meeting a pre-foreclosure homeowner and I need help on the following questions:

1) What's the best document to bring for him to sign and deed the property to me ?

2) Any "exit clause" to include in the document before we both sign the document ?

I really appreciate all feedback or suggestions form our BP brethren.



Hi Francis,

Unless you are going to do a "kitchen-table closing," then you are going to sign a purchase contract and, at closing with a title company (or attorney, if you're in an attorney state) the appropriate documents will be recorded with the county courthouse, transferring ownership of the property to you.

So, what you probably want is a purchase contract. BiggerPockets has a document library that includes a number of contracts. Are you wholesaling? Then you might want to use one of the contracts that is tailored to wholesalers.

As far as "exit clauses," the most common is the 'subject to inspection' clause. This can be as simple as "Sale is subject to inspection." I would look over the sample contracts, though, and use one that suits your purposes.


Hi Josh,

Thank you for these valuable information. I really appreciate the quick help.

Good luck to you too !


Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

  • Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here