FORECLOSURE AUCTION - HOA LIENS

9 Replies

This has probably been addressed at ad nauseam but, How in the heck am I supposed to know if there is any HOA fees associated with the property? I called the HOA office for this particular association and they refused to tell me. Of course, the association has not filed a lawsuit against the owner.

Please help.  If you need clarification, please let me know. 

I am no attorney but in some states up to 6 months of past HOA dues can be collected on a foreclosed home (Washington). In most cases however the first position lien will wipe out all others if it goes unsatisfied

You could always ask the representation of the plaintiff (foreclosing party) if they are aware of any back owed hoa dues etc...Regardless of state law the HOA will always try to collect even though you may not be obligated to pay

Hope this helps. Best of luck

Garrett

Originally posted by @Garrett F. :

I am no attorney but in some states up to 6 months of past HOA dues can be collected on a foreclosed home (Washington). In most cases however the first position lien will wipe out all others if it goes unsatisfied

You could always ask the representation of the plaintiff (foreclosing party) if they are aware of any back owed hoa dues etc...Regardless of state law the HOA will always try to collect even though you may not be obligated to pay

Hope this helps. Best of luck

Garrett

Why would the plaintiff tell me (help me)?  Wouldn't that knowledge give me an advantage to win the auction?  What am I missing?

Hi Alberto

The first to place to look is in general court records , secondly if you are an investor

should do a title search , dont know the actual value of the property , but if is more

than $250K I would do title commitment.