Foreclosure Inevitable - Beginner Still Learning REI

1 Reply

Hi, my mother has been fighting to keep her house for years now. She hasn’t told us, her kids, much because she doesn’t want us to worry but these last few weeks haven’t been looking good.. and we are all bracing ourselves for the day they are going to tell her she has to get out of the whole we were all raised in.. I am married living in an apartment and recently learned about REI. I’m asking if there is anyone in the LA county area who could help me out. I would love to start wholesaling to gain capital, but honestly I can’t tell what is a “good deal” in my area. Is there anyone who would be willing to mentor me by letting me help you? The main reason for any of this is so I can help my mom and make sure she has a place to rest her head and no longer have to worry about fighting for a house... that is my Why. I just feel like our hands are tied behind us, and we are just going to watch our home get taken for us..

Not sure what your objective is here in your post. You're fighting to keep your mom's house AND you're looking for wholesaling opportunities?

How are you going to help someone to mentor you? Making copies and getting coffee? Not trying to be smart but just can't figure what it is that you are offering in return for someone to mentor you. If you are trying to do both, you should probably separate them.

If your mom is going into foreclosure, the surest way to stop that is to pay the loan current (if she is in monetary default). If your mom doesn't have the money or the means to bring it current AND keep paying then she either has to move or, she has to see if a loan modification is available. If she doesn't have any income, I can tell you there won't be any loan mod available.

if the property is in California, the borrower has a LOT of protections but at the end of the day, if you don't pay, you lose. No one is going to take anyone's home but, someone is going to exercise their legal rights to foreclose if you (Mom) do not honor your contractual agreement.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.