Skip to content
Goals, Business Plans & Entities

User Stats

Votes

Choosing The Right Realtor

Deandre Williams
Posted May 29 2022, 21:23

How did you guys go about selecting your Realtor? Did you choose the absolute BEST out of the bunch or did you chose those with great potential and improved together along the journey? Which route do you believe is better?

The BRRRR Strategy Book speaks on choosing the "Rockstars" when selecting your core 4 so I'm curious to see if that is how everyone has approached it.

User Stats

Votes
Marcus Auerbach
  • Investor and Real Estate Agent
  • Milwaukee - Mequon, WI
Votes |
  • Investor and Real Estate Agent
  • Milwaukee - Mequon, WI
Replied May 30 2022, 06:22

I am not sure what "the best" would be, but I don't think it's your job to grow an agent. I have bought a lot of deals as an investor before I got licensed and the biggest issue was I could not find an agent who knew more than I did. Now I see it from the inside and surprisingly few agents understand investing. It seems to me that less than 10%, maybe even 5%, own rental properties. You will find a few top producing agents, but they won't be interested in deals under 500k. Your best chances of finding a great agent are actually here on BP. You want someone who does what you want to do, so they can show you the way. And you should have a good personal connection.

User Stats

Votes
Eliott Elias#3 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
Eliott Elias#3 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Replied May 30 2022, 06:33

They don’t necessarily have to be rockstars. Rockstars most likely have a few investors they are loyal to and send deals to. Find a good median, find an agent that’s bought the type of property you are looking for and can dedicate time to serve your best needs 

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Deandre Williams
Replied May 31 2022, 18:03
Wow, thanks Marcus. I appreciate your insight and advice. That's really crazy to hear that most agents aren't able to look through an investor's lens. I'll definitely take your advice and search here on BP to find potential realtor candidates. Thanks again for sharing your time and advice. 

User Stats

Votes
Deandre Williams
Replied May 31 2022, 18:05
Quote from @Eliott Elias:

They don’t necessarily have to be rockstars. Rockstars most likely have a few investors they are loyal to and send deals to. Find a good median, find an agent that’s bought the type of property you are looking for and can dedicate time to serve your best needs 

Thanks Eliott, I appreciate your insight as well. I'll look to find a balanced realtor.