• Financial Advisor
  • Fort Wayne, IN
Votes |
How? Growth Strategy: Wholesale, Multifamily,Commercial, Landlord

Josh Arnold
  • Financial Advisor
  • Fort Wayne, IN
Posted Jun 7 2022, 09:03

What is the thing that you began doing different that really accelerated your growth and changed everything? I am struggling with working full time, being a father, and finding time to work on the business. Would love to hear input and have some conversations if you are interested.

User Stats

Votes
Taylor L.
Pro Member
  • Multifamily and Self Storage Investor
  • Richmond, VA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Multifamily and Self Storage Investor
  • Richmond, VA
Replied Jun 7 2022, 14:46

Focus and commit. Shiny object syndrome holds back a lot of people!

User Stats

Votes
Evan Polaski
Pro Member
  • Cincinnati, OH
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Cincinnati, OH
Replied Jun 8 2022, 11:31

@Josh Arnold, I would say, in addition to staying focused, you have to take a risk somewhere and get started.  The issue you will continue to run into is your time and the exchange of that time for money.  

I think many here, or any entrepreneur, will note that you going to have to give up something.  If growing your business is the top priority, then the option becomes: do you continue working full-time, knowing you will be a less impactful father.  Or do you quit your job and work through the financial hardship until hopefully the business becomes profitable and can support the family.  

Or you can maintain the status quo, with full time work and security, as well as time for the family, but knowing the business will barely grow.

There is no silver bullet.  Making smart investments, taking educated risks is what it all comes down to.  Unfortunately, most of the entrepreneurs I know either started their company pre children, when they could spend a lot of time on it, or many were laid off from a full time job and started the company out of necessity.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jun 20 2022, 05:56

@Josh Arnold the thing that really made the difference for me was to start working the business full time.  My wife stayed home to raise our kids for 9 years.  During that time I endured the struggles you mentioned.  Once the kids were in school and she went back to work it gave me the opportunity to stop working full time.  It was a bit of a financial hit at the time, but has worked out in the long run.  The other advice I would share is to move into MF so you have more units in one location.  That will increase your efficiency.  I'm in the Ft. Wayne area as well.  Would be happy to connect if you would find it helpful.  

User Stats

Votes
Josh Arnold
  • Financial Advisor
  • Fort Wayne, IN
Votes |
  • Financial Advisor
  • Fort Wayne, IN
Replied Jun 24 2022, 07:14

Hi Craig,

Would love to connect.