• Anderson, CA
Votes |
Quit Claim Deed in California

Rachael Phillips
  • Investor
  • Anderson, CA
Posted Jul 11 2022, 08:28

Hey Bigger Pockets Community,

I recently got a CA LLC for my CA property and need to put the property on the LLC, but need a little help in doing so. I have found the quit claim deed for California, but I won't lie, I am unsure how to fill it out or if that is the correct documentation. Would anyone be willing to help me out on this or guide me to someone who can? Any help is appreciated! Thank you so much for your time and have a wonderful week!

Rachael Phillips

User Stats

Votes
Erik Browning
Lender
Pro Member
  • Lender
  • CO CA TX WA ID OR
Votes |
Lender
Pro Member
  • Lender
  • CO CA TX WA ID OR
Replied Jul 11 2022, 08:53

Call up an escrow company and ask them if they can help you out. If they don't know, call another escrow company.

• Lender

• (707) 595-7574

User Stats

Votes
Darius Ogloza
  • Investor
  • Marin County California
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Marin County California
Replied Jul 12 2022, 07:09

You can find samples of quitclaim deeds recorded in your county on the web. There is really very little to the process. You need to reserve space at the top for the recorder's stamp, you need to include the property's APN, the documentary transfer tax amount (should be zero if single member LLC) and notarize the signature.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Rachael Phillips
  • Investor
  • Anderson, CA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Anderson, CA
Replied Jul 12 2022, 07:59

Thank you so much Darius and Erik for the information, I will do both of those things! You are awesome and I appreciate your help!