User Stats

Votes
Meghmik B.
Votes |
Living Trusts, LLCs, Attorney Recommendations

Meghmik B.
Posted Aug 2 2022, 23:05

Hello all,

I have one primary residence and two rentals, both are under my name (as a single woman). I am considering creating a Living Trust, and I've spoken to two attorneys, but one is charging $5,500 (free unlimited updates to the trust) and the other is charging $2,700 ($750 fee for each revision/update). I have a few questions that I am hoping this community can help me with:

1) Does anyone have any attorney recommendations? Preferably someone that you have worked with and trust? What's the average fee that they charge? Is free updates common?

2) Would you recommend that I create an LLC for each property, or series LLC, to protect my assets? Wouldn't this trigger a "due on sale" clause? I've heard that a good alternative would be to get an umbrella insurance.

3) I read that I would need to change the name on the property insurance to be the living trust. Do you know if this would be an issue for the insurance companies? Or if this would change the premium pricing?

User Stats

Votes
Chris Seveney
Pro Member
#1 All Forums Contributor
  • Investor
  • Virginia
Votes |
Pro Member
#1 All Forums Contributor
  • Investor
  • Virginia
Replied Aug 3 2022, 03:32

@Meghmik Babakhanian

Google mark kohler / kkos

He has a ton of videos online and they setup a living trust for around $1500.+/-