• Real Estate Agent
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
Best networking strategies for newbie agent

Madison Wilson
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Austin, TX
Posted Aug 29 2022, 10:14

In general, I have a rockstar mentor, team, and goals set in place. I would love to hear from experienced agents on how you got started, and what unique strategies got your business jump started. Open to hearing all stories and points of views! 

User Stats

Votes
Aj Parikh
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Centreville, VA
Votes |
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Centreville, VA
Replied Aug 30 2022, 07:33

Hi Madison! Welcome to BP!! I would love to connect and talk about out of state investing if you are interested. I found that to be the best way to scale and increase the number of units under my portfolio. 

User Stats

Votes
Replied Sep 6 2022, 11:45

Howdy,

Hey, Madison, I am in the Austin area as well. Is there any Meet-ups for real estate investors, agents, etc?  I would be interested in networking. 

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Robin Simon#1 Creative Real Estate Financing Contributor
  • Lender
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
Robin Simon#1 Creative Real Estate Financing Contributor
  • Lender
  • Austin, TX
Replied Sep 6 2022, 18:47

Hi David (and Madison!) - there are lots of great meetups in Austin for investors and agents, DM me to discuss (also can just check out Meetup.com and search real estate)

User Stats

Votes
Jordan Moorhead
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Austin, TX
Replied Sep 7 2022, 06:15

@Madison Wilson  I started by investing first and then I was able to share my experience with others. There are way too many people out there trying to profit off of investors IMO that don't understand the mindset and process.

The Moorhead Team Logo

User Stats

Votes
Robert Finn
  • Realtor
  • San Antonio, TX
Votes |
  • Realtor
  • San Antonio, TX
Replied Sep 7 2022, 06:26

I agree with @Jordan Moorhead! first hand experience is the greatest teacher. Once you go through the process of finding a value add property, negotiating the best price and terms, getting through underwriting, and implementing processes to get the asset to perform to your criteria. You'll notice there are many others trying to do the same thing, post about your successes and add value to their threads. Your network will grow overtime and you'll be up and running. Best of luck!!

User Stats

Votes
Michael Warthen
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Phoenix, AZ
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Phoenix, AZ
Replied Sep 17 2022, 13:13

Hi Madison,

I am a new agent as well but I have the best feedback/networking by simply always talking real estate. The more I have it on my mind, the more organic situations arise where I get to talk about real estate. I am also trying to figure out how to incorporate my two biggest hobbies into it (sports, and collectibles) to be able to enjoy my hobby and feel I am being productive in my business. Good luck as an agent in Austin!

User Stats

Votes
Eliott Elias#3 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
Eliott Elias#3 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Replied Oct 2 2022, 08:20

Call every single agent listing properties in Austin and introduce yourself. Offer value, when you give more than you take you will win 

User Stats

Votes
Mitchell Kennedy
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Austin, TX
Replied Nov 15 2022, 06:03

Madison, local realtor here in Austin. Would love to connect and learn more about your goals and strategies for your investments.

User Stats

Votes
Lindsey Johnson
Pro Member
  • Realtor
  • Charleston, SC
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Realtor
  • Charleston, SC
Replied Nov 15 2022, 10:40

With a mentor, team, solid goals, and a network you are bound to succeed! 

I think networking, particularly as an agent, is super neglected. Many agents feel that its "me against them". Not so. I have gained so much knowledge and wisdom from my fellow agents! Not to mention referrals! Paperwork is paperwork... but everyone brings a unique flavor to their business. I recommend meeting as many agents as possible and talking about real estate as much as possible. Growth and opportunity will accelerate towards you. Best of luck!