Skip to content
Goals, Business Plans & Entities

User Stats

Votes

How do you monitor portfolio for yearly performance?

Posted Jan 2 2023, 04:04

Hi Guys,

I have a couple of properties in multiple states where I do long-term rentals and BRRR strategy. I am working on my year end financial assessment to see how my properties performed for the last year 2021. Can you share any metrics or spreadsheets do you use to see the following?

1. Which properties are doing much better and which are not?

2. How can we say our strategy for ARV and cash flow play is working? What metrics to measure and are there tools and templates for this?

3. I also use multiple property managers who have their own year-to-date and year-end reports? Are there tools that you use to measure your portfolio performance across properties?

4. I also invest in BRRR but have been putting more money as a downpayment. How do we measure BRRR on our properties once we buy and refinance?

Buyan

User Stats

Votes
Mike Dymski#3 Innovative Strategies Contributor
  • Investor
  • Greenville, SC
Votes |
Mike Dymski#3 Innovative Strategies Contributor
  • Investor
  • Greenville, SC
Replied Jan 2 2023, 05:39

I use Xero (because QuickBooks sucks) and review the P&Ls along with ROE and IRR calcs using excel.

User Stats

Votes
Eliott Elias#3 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
Eliott Elias#3 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Replied Jan 2 2023, 06:20

I have an excel sheet and outline the following on it. 

Value 
Cost Payoff Equity Rents Mortgage Taxes Insurance Mgmt Fee Date of Purchase Maturity Date Rate 
BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jan 2 2023, 06:55

@Eliott Elias @Mike Dymski Thanks for sharing your views on it. I totally agree ROE , IRR, Equity are cool metrics. Mike, Is it possible for you to share an excel template for ROE and IRR? Eliot, how do you compute Equity and maturity currently?