If you review my profile, you'll see that I am not yet an active investor. I don't know if I'll ever be one, but I am using this site and other resources to help me decide my next steps.
That said, I have a very busy life with little time to follow hundreds of posts per day. I have a more-than-full-time job and a young child to keep me plenty engaged during my waking hours.
To get me up-to-speed as quickly as possible, I turned to the podcast. I have listened to about 25 of them over the last three weeks.
These is a wealth of information when it comes to understanding real estate investing. But it is so much more than that.
These podcasts talk about leadership and business and are making me a more effective manager. A couple of my key take-a-ways:
- Ethics: Having a moral compass to guide you makes for great investors. This is just as true in the corporate world. You want to do business with someone you trust and who will have your back.
- Networking: The podcast reminds me to keep my past acquaintances active in my current life. I have started reaching back into my past and reacquainting myself with folks. It's been great!
- Mentoring: This, to me, is the holy grail I was searching for. I realized that I need to start reaching out to those who were there for me in the past. I need to look for pain points of those around me to be a mentor to them.
- Delegating: Wow... this is one that's easy to say but has been difficult for me to achieve. Almost every one of these podcasts talks about delegating out the stuff you can't, shouldn't, or don't want to do. And, these tasks could be great opportunities for others to learn how to do it. As a manager, I need to delegate so I can get more done. But I should also do it as a way to teach my employees my side of the business. My legacy should be that those I managed are able to grow into my job or into leadership roles within their own domain.
So even if you are not interested in real-estate or a particular topic on the podcast, I urge you to listen to them. You'll be a better leader as a result - as long as you listen and take action to relate it to your situation.
Thanks for the vote, Joan!
Free eBook from BiggerPockets!
Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!
- Actionable advice for getting started,
- Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
- Learn how to get started with or without money,
- Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
- And a LOT more.
Sign up below to download the eBook for FREE today!
We hate spam just as much as you
Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community
Basic membership is free, forever.