Okay, well its ultimate to me! BP, I need your honest opinion about this campaign. I'm pretty stoked! Here it is:
Term: 12 months
Where: Arizona and Texas
Type: "Handwritten" letters (Handwritten font, all from a commercial printer) and postcards
Quantity of Lists: 8
(4 lists monthly for 7 months then another 4 lists monthly for 7 months)
Quantity of Mail Pieces Monthly: 4,000
Quantity per List:
List 1: 1,500
List 2: 1,500
List 3: 500
List 4: 500
Mailing Strategy: Mail to 4,000 sellers monthly starting January 2015.
1. 65+ years, 60-100% equity, SFR, 3-5 bedroom, 1300-2400 Sq. Ft., 10 years+ ownership, no Trust, no Corp.
2. Absentee owner, 60-100% equity, SFR, 3-5 bedroom, 1300-2400 Sq. Ft., 10 years+ ownership, no Trust, no Corp.
3. Balloon payment due, 60-100% equity, SFR, 3-5 bedroom, 1300-2400 Sq. Ft., 10 years+ ownership, no Trust, no Corp.
4. Mortgage late, 60-100% equity, SFR, 3-5 bedroom, 1300-2400 Sq. Ft., 10 years+ ownership, no Trust, no Corp.
Hi Andrew, this generally looks like a good plan. Some additional inputs to consider:
1) Instead of losing the connection or momentum with the first list, you instead may want to start with List 1, then send another to List 1 the next month, then start on List 2 for 2 months and then afterwards alternate between List 1 and List 2. Otherwise, you may completely miss a window of opportunity for List 1 if the decision point of someone in List 1 occurs in the second 6 month period.
2) Why exclude corporations and trusts? There are a lot of mom and pop operations corporations / LLCs out there, and this may limit your access to true disgruntled landlords. The existence of a small legal entity on their ownership may have little effect on their life situation which would make them interested to call you.
Just to clarify: when I was referring to "List 1" and "List 2" I was referring to the first overall grouping of 4,000 (List 1) and the second New List (List 2), not the Lists 1, 2, 3, and 4 that were described. :-)
@Andrew LeBaron how much does this cost you?
@Andrew LeBaron will you keep us posted on your progress and success?
yes I will keep all of you posted. And yes this is quite expensive lol
pulling the trigger soon. Stay tuned
Seems like a great strategy. Will love to know how things turn out.
Best of luck!
@Andrew LeBaron , how did things turn out?
Free eBook from BiggerPockets!
Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!
- Actionable advice for getting started,
- Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
- Learn how to get started with or without money,
- Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
- And a LOT more.
Sign up below to download the eBook for FREE today!
We hate spam just as much as you
Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community
Basic membership is free, forever.