Hampton Roads title companies and attorneys

5 Replies

Hey HR investors,

I am out looking for a good, knowledgeable investor friendly closing company. I would prefer a attorney but a title company works fine as well. They can be in Norfolk, Virginia Beach, Portsmouth, or Chesapeake. I am not really looking to go across the water unless they are just that good. 

Also, I met one at the TRIG named L.T. Caplan. Have anyone ever used him? If so how was your experience?

Thanks

I've heard good things about him. A seasoned investor recommended him to me as well.

I personally use Consolvo, Markowitz & Webb. They are attorneys who also own Real Estate Title Insurance Agency, Inc. They have been very good at discovering and clearing up title issues for me. Their number is (757) 490-2711. 

I know several very experienced investors who use L.T. Although my attorney is great, I think L.T. might be a better choice if your deal involves a high degree of creative finance or very tight closing times.

I've heard good thinks about LT, too. 

I've used Sadler and Swan (in Norfolk) on several closings and Hank Sadler (and his paralegal Debbie) have both been very responsive to questions.  I recommend them. 

Basnight and Kinsler

Temple Law has been great for us.  I haven't heard of LT

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.