Skip to content
Goals, Business Plans & Entities

User Stats

Votes
Bryan Gamble
  • Involved In Real Estate
  • Houston, TX
Votes |
Is creating an LLC a good idea for a Real Estate Agent?

Bryan Gamble
  • Involved In Real Estate
  • Houston, TX
Posted Mar 12 2015, 12:41

As an agent, instead of using my personal name on everything can I use a DBA business instead?

People always talk about "building your business", but without brand recognition these possibilities seem, well, limited. If i ever leave the business I may want to sell the business I've worked hard to build, this seems hard to do if everything is reliant upon my personal name and brokers franchise name. Also, God forbid a few deals go wrong and my personal name comes under scrutiny. With a business name, one could simply close shop, create a new name and maybe start fresh. This would seem fairly difficult if using ones birth name. You cant just go around changing your real life name all willy nilly. Having a DBA name would also allow me to distribute any excess leads to other agents within my network all while under my umbrella. Never to be about the agent in particular, but instead, about the brand which made the connection possible. Besides, in the long run, catchy business names and slogans are embedded into the mind and are always easier to remember than one individuals' name.

So as an agent, is creating a DBA name and conducting all real estate transactions using this name possible? If so, what are some obstacles I may encounter along the way?

Any and all responses are welcomed and will be forever cherished. Thanks a bunch!

Loading replies...