It looks like I'll have to start out the May Goals Thread.
I'm glad to see so many people posting their goals, and hope that many more get involved as we continue to move forward throughout the year!
Everyone: Share Your Real Estate Goals for the Month of May
I accomplished part of last-month's goals, and hope to wrap it up by closing on the last remaining property that I currently have for sale. :boogie:
What about you?
1. Study up on Colorado's RE and contract laws, to the point that I can (if necessary) draft my own D of T, WD and Note, or at least not have to pay the attorney that drafts the first one to EXPLAIN them to me.
2. Input same to my MS Word program.
3. Find a Realtor that wants to work in the area I'm considering farming.
4. Look at at least 20 properties.
5. Make at least 2 offers.
6. Get our household goods delivered, wife says this is number 1 with a bullet!
So my April Goals fell short. I was attempting to purchase my first property in April. The seller was dragging his feet to accomplish a 1031 with the money from this property for another... So the new May goal is to finish this deal up and get it done. On a positive note however there are an additional 2 properties that I am negotiating on, and if the price is right I will acquire them as well!
I also wanted to take a quick minute to thank everyone on this forum for the help and the insight, it has been just the motivation I needed to get my butt in gear with Real Estate!
My April goal was to close on my first rental property and have a tenant in by May 1. Due to various snags, this goal is now a month behind. But hope springs eternal!
Open escrow on 2/1 side by side duplex.(Not certain of the financing right now & must show availability of funds with offer-Freddie Mac) Create 1st credit line for my business.
Got to make it happen.
My May goal:
Make at least 1 Offer to buy a SFH. Fear has been my road block.
The fear is gone I made 3 Offers all Low Ball Offers.. I may have presented low ball offers because of my fear...I think that is true but, Good for me because I had one accepted... Buying a SFH for 47,500, ARV..115,000 needs 12K in rehab...
I will spill over into June...
5 more contributers to my website for articles with backlinks.
2 PR pieces out
2 additional interviews with monthly publications
1 additional strategic partner located.
Free eBook from BiggerPockets!
Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!
- Actionable advice for getting started,
- Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
- Learn how to get started with or without money,
- Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
- And a LOT more.
Sign up below to download the eBook for FREE today!
We hate spam just as much as you
Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate
Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing