General Introduction and Beginner's Issues

1 Reply

Hello all:

My name is Aaron Kelley and I am located in the Detroit/Ann Arbor MI area.  I have been here since last June working as an Electrical Engineer at Ford Motor Company and I have been investing in my real estate education since the moment I moved to the area.  Along the way, I have met a real estate agent and a city planner who have been helping me along the way.  I am now confident enough to begin the process of starting to wholesale properties and working on incorporating, and naturally, I am running into a few snags.

Firstly, any advice on where I should get a purchase and sale agreement (with an assignment option) from?  I know they are available at office supply stores, but this doesn't seem like a great option when considering possible litigation.

Secondly, I am working on my operating agreement, and I am not sure as to whom I should select as my registered agent.  I realize that this can be anyone but I am leaning towards either a CPA, a real estate attorney, or even a 3rd party organization, just so long as my choice is local.  Would anyone have any advice as to which route I should take and could possible give me some local recommendations?  It would be greatly appreciated.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.