• Developer
  • falken, ks
Votes |
Q on equity investors, raising capital, and LLC

Brad James
  • Developer
  • falken, ks
Posted Aug 14 2008, 02:31

We are venturing into real estate this year and potentially with a personal investor with 12 figures. If that deal falls through, I will have to find a way to finance my goals. We recently started an aerospace mfg business from a residential property for now that is already making money but took me walking away from employment to do it. I now sit on a 740 credit score and NO claiming income right now. I have been pumping up the credit card limits to fund a small investment/flip but the bigger developments we need to be in will require low 9 figures.

So is there a way to fund my projects without private investors? If I use private investing, what can I expect to pay for the money? Terms?

Also, I will need to form a corp for this so I can retain earnings in the business without giving it to uncle sam. Is the LLC the best way to go? why? and what kind of fees can I expect to pay? Is there a back door way to get this done? The only reason I want to form the corp is to retain my capital for future investing unlike a S.P. that requires all income be claimed or deducted per fiscal year.

Loading replies...