• Williamsburg, VA
Votes |
Personal updates

Dustin McGee
  • Multi-family house/apartment Investor
  • Williamsburg, VA
Posted Oct 30 2016, 16:43

Hello BP!

It has been a while since my last post. I have been a BP member for over a year now and been through my ups and downs with some personal issues. 

As some of you know I own a pyrotechnics display company. My teams have been killing it! 

Running a company can take a lot of time away from other things I want to do (AKA real estate investing). With my display company growing month by month I am slowly able to pull myself out of driver seat and let my teams run it. With that being said I am slowly working my way to getting my feet wet in REI.

My plans for this year is to build my credit back up (Divorced this year) and continue to soak up information that will help me in the future of REI.

The biggest thing I am learning, with anything, is as much as you read, listen to podcast, study, or run numbers. You will never think you are ready to start investing. The best thing to do is to just do it! No, Nike isn't paying me to say that!   

There is a good reason for that slogan though. If you don't just do it, you probably never will. You can only prepare so much until "preparing" turns into procrastination. 

So I am publicly announcing my goals. 

First step: Get credit back up there!

Step two: Have some kind of real estate purchased by March of 2017!

I will continue to post here on BP. I want to teach people and help people.  

Thanks for reading this!

Dustin 

Loading replies...