• Yorba Linda, CA
Votes |
Start-Up Property Management Company

Joshua Davies
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Yorba Linda, CA
Posted Jan 12 2017, 11:58

Hi Everyone,

My name is Josh Davies and I am new to the Bigger Pockets forum. I have listened to the podcast for quite some time now and absolutely love it!

The reason for this post is I have recently moved to Orange County, California from the UK and am hoping to start a Property Management company for Single/Multi family residential units as well as vacation rentals. 

I obtained my Bachelor's degree in Real Estate from Liverpool John Moores University in the UK and have worked in Commercial Real Estate since then. I also have experience within the Residential Real Estate sector, hence my interest in Property Management. 

I understand that here in California I would need my Broker's license in order to be able to do this, and due to my degree being in Real Estate I am able to use this in lieu of the usual 2 years experience as a Real Estate Agent. I also understand that I would need to form my company as an LLC or equivalent.

My question to you guys is: Are there any people on here from around the OC/LA area that have started their own business in a similar field, that maybe I could pick your brain about? And also, for the people who have started companies like this, what challenges did you face, and what do you wish you had known before starting the company?

My idea is still in the very early stages, but I am just trying to acquire some further information.

Thank you everybody for taking the time to read my post. I hope to speak to a few of you soon!

Josh

Loading replies...