I am a resident of CA and have a CA LLC, which is kind of holding LLC. It is held by my trust and have some CA properties (through land trust). I am planning to buy out of state properties (Texas, Cincinnati, Ohio). I was planning to form a LLC for each of the state, as disregarded entity, with CA LLC as the member/manager. This is my thinking of balancing between one LLC per property to one LLC for all. I will appreciate any help on following.
1) Does the above make sense, esp. setting them as disregarded LLC to simplify taxation.
2) Would I need to register my CA LLC as foreign LLC doing biz in the state? OR having the LLC in that state helps me not do so.
Will appreciate any help/guidance.
Free eBook from BiggerPockets!
Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!
- Actionable advice for getting started,
- Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
- Learn how to get started with or without money,
- Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
- And a LOT more.
Sign up below to download the eBook for FREE today!
We hate spam just as much as you