• Private Money Lender
  • Oklahoma
Votes |
How do you organize your thoughts?

Account Closed
  • Private Money Lender
  • Oklahoma
Posted Jun 21 2010, 08:23

So I don't know about others, but all throughout my day I keep a little notepad in my back pocket. The purpose of this notepad is for the purpose of maintaining random thoughts that pop into my head in reference to enhancing my business. I'll jot the idea down as quickly and short as possible that I will know what it is later on when I see it. I have so many random thoughts throughout the day. Its almost like Donald Draper from Mad Men with his million cocktail napkins of ad ideas he jots down.

Unfortunately that's my problem as well. I have soooo many of these little papers with little ideas that fall under so many different topics and subtopics and I have no idea how to organize them for later use when I can draw from them. They are not ideas that I can put into action now. I don't want to end up with a drawer fill of thoughts that will take me a week to go through. I need some sort of system that will allow me to find ideas or contemplate ideas quickly.

I have one idea which is to make a folder on my desktop labeled "Ideas" or something, with a word doc in it that I create topics and just list my ideas as bullet points. However, since I know this is no original idea (writing down thoughts for later) and that I am sure there are others here who do this, I was hoping others might provide ideas to their systems of organization or if there is a piece of software anyone can think of that would make it much easier.

Thank you for your feedback...

Michael

Loading replies...