Where to Hire and/or Find a Virtual Assistant (VA)

8 Replies

Hello,

After listening to last week's podcast with Paul Thompson #283, I am eager to bite the bullet and hire a VA. Paul mentioned Upwork and I've also looked into TaskBullet. Does anyone else have any recommendations for VA companies or ways to find a VA? I would mainly be looking for someone to update my financials via QuickBooks.

Any leads are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Anna

Upwork seems to be one of the more popular ones.

Brian,

Have you used UpWork? I’m hesitant due to the fact it is project based and hourly. I want to make sure my tasks are getting done efficiently which is why I lean towards flat rate. Thoughts?

Find, select, trial a VA just to open the communication channels, then settle on a flat rate outside the platform.

Finding a VA that has the qualities you need is challenging anywhere. No matter the platform. I work from the USA and Germany. Nationals tend to be way pricey and often not even better in quality. And since you’re just looking for data entry, perfect language and social skills don’t matter.

I haven’t used them myself yet, but I hear good things about OnlineJobs.ph
Supposedly they have one of the best values. They are in the Philippines and have a great mix of low unbeatable price, language skills and work ethic.

Be aware of the “yes I can” do everything syndrome and that you will always have an on boarding and education phase before your VA becomes a good fit for you.

Good luck on the journey finding one, I have been through quite a few teams and still haven’t found the perfect one.

This post has been removed.

Fiverr.com is another place to find Va's . I am also looking into hiring a VA. It is my understanding that you need to have clear expectations. Just like with any other employee if they don't know what you expect, then they will have a hard time preforming well. The things I am working on, are coming up with good scrips for the types of leads I will have them calling on. I will also develop some baseline metrics to get things started out in the right direction. For instance if for every 40 cold calls you get 1.2 leads you can calculate ( X calls per hour / 40 * 1.2) will give you a cost per lead.

@Jeremy Holt

My dear friend runs www.elevatedperspective.com he can handle all your VA needs and uses dedicated project managers to get you results

Otherwise upwork and fiverr are great, I use them as well, but can take a few different people to find one that works. I like to only use people witg 100% satisfaction rating, that have completed jobs.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here